Sunday, October 21, 2007


My Masked Face
My face has become a wonderful mask-
Hiding actual emotions an easy task.
My feelings have hardened now,
Spirits within me at its highest low.
I have lost trust in all relationships-
I believe they ‘r things just on the lips.
I open my eyes & look into a reality-
And see people who lack basic morality.
But wait! Is this not the awaited test?
The one which torments us at its level best!
I know everything around me is an illusion,
So I ask myself- is this life’s compulsion?
My eyes take me into a very great depth,
The fear of loneliness has into me crept.
My greatest fear is alas! Loneliness-
The pangs of separation in me causing madness.
Where are those people? Who held my hands?
They who vouched will walk with me all lands!
Have they all failed to recognize me?
Or they deaf and blind to my plea?!
Or is it that I am gone and have died?
That people can just no longer mind.
But wait! I think I can see a lit lamp-
And also hear voices, but they are damp.
“She has gone into coma” they say-
“She might for ever on this bed lay”.
And then the voices became faint-
I am alive –yet no longer aint!
I walk down further in search o my identity,
I am amidst corpses finding my live entity.
“Come back right now! We need you” I hear-
The voices seem from right behind my ear!
I look up high above and barely did see,
Different people looking right into me.
They throw down the ladder of hope,
And I start climbing onto this rope.
I now open my eyes and see my near & dear,
They all hug me tight amidst joy and cheer.
“But there is a huge scar that is left on me-
That which on umpteen trials also did not flee.
I am with my friends and family again,
But my life has come with a heavy bargain.
I am not my same old self anymore-
Am like a soulless person thrown off shore.
I am today pained, battered and lonely,
But me being this way- I guess is reality.
For my face is after all a wonderful mask-
Hiding actual emotions my only task.









Mridula






1 comment:

rashmi said...

hey mridula this is an amazing poem... feels so much like my inner emotions reading ur poem..... nothing's permanent in this world..... not 2 worry, u made me feel for every word.. nice one!!!!!!!