Wednesday, October 24, 2007




Wealth Paradoxes

Infinite a kingdom, Wealth galore
Golden paths, bejeweled the roads
Food in plenty, water immortal
Luxury at your call, material pleasure
Far in distance, palace there be
Sparkling in gold, diamonds spree
Inside now, silence emptiness
Shut doors and windows, darkness
At the Lord’s feet, by the wall
In sight the only being, whole o the kingdom
Lay motionless, & curled this soul
Looks the prince, the crown said so
Young he was, say 19- but hath all aged
Pain in his eyes, in the air heaviness
Frail he appeared, lost in his robes
Handsome and witty, now was worn
Looked at me he, tears in my eyes
For some sorrow, story grief there lies
As my tears trickle, said the royal-
“I too was merry, then cried now dry
Rise thou stranger, arise and hear
The kingdom you see- personifies my life
Has all the material wealth, but none to rejoice
Life too had had everything, but no peace, lone
Life orphaned me, silence my guardian
Am locked within these walls,
Tis not a palace, but a dungeon
My life too is so- prison, cant escape
Love, hate, pain, joy, success, failure
Friendship, wars, betrayal, rejection, pleasure
Faced it all, sorrow the only permanent
Was abandoned, seek now I peace
Now I pray to the Lord, death
For, what is life? Without living
Grow I the poison ivy, tis my life is filled
With poison”
His voice cracked, may be a tear drop
The light seeped brilliantly- through the glass
“Turn now, to ur life” he said
“Ask not for things, though pray for peace
Destiny and life has its ways,
Eternal is peace, so pray”
Thought I ll take him, with me, to life
But then saw the chains, he was tied
“Tis not a palace but a dungeon”
His words echoing in my head.
Beyond pain, I saw, state o calm
Walked I away, now puzzled more in life
“PEACE IS ETERNAL- SO PRAY”











1 comment:

ReyCazador said...

Well, clearly you and perhaps some you know feels incarcerated. Nice poem and all, but I believe only in the last line, and I think you can make that peace if you want to. Good Luck
Vishnu Vardhan